Thursday, June 23, 2011

Simple but Hard Stuff

Wow, don't we all wish the world was perfect and revolved around us. Wouldn't that be great if everyday we woke up and we never tripped over our shoes, or dropped something. If things went exactly (I mean exactly) the way they were suppose to. If the car door never jammed, or it never rain on your head. The great thing is that we all for the most part can handle the spilled milk, or rainy day. If we drop our toothbrush in the sink we just pick it back up, or our pants don't button shut we just pick out another pair.

This is not true of Big Mac though, he doesn't have the skills to deal when the seat belt doesn't buckle on the first try. He surely can't handle the rain on his head (Unless he wants to play outside and it is raining), he can't begin to understand that the world doesn't revolve around what he wants. He can not handle the things that we all deal with on a day to day basis. The basic understanding that there are losses and they don't have to defeat us.

How do you teach a child that it is okay if the toothbrush falls in the sink, or your pants don't go on the first try? That the toothbrush doesn't hate you, or the seat belt doesn't think you are stupid! We surely don't know, we are trying to teach him new word and ways of saying what is really bothering him. My favorite things so far is when I hear him say "Seat belt your fired!" He always chuckles after he says it and it eases the tension that he has towards himself and the seat belt.

We love our Big Mac, and hope that we can learn fast enough ways to help him be the best Big Mac he can be!

Funny Story of the Post:

Big Mac: (screams from the bathroom) He guys want to come see my poop?
Me: No thanks (to Big Mac and Chris)
Chris: What if somethings wrong, we should check it out!
Me: You can tell me!
(Chris enters the bathroom and I walk to the dinning room, I can hear them exchanging wows and what not!
Chris: (Walks out with the biggest smile ever) That was HUGE! I mean really huge.
Me: Really Chris!? (sarcastically)
Chris: If I pooped something that big I would be excited too!
Me: I need a girl!

3 comments:

  1. Careful what you ask for!!! One day you'll understand that boys and girls are SOOOO different!! And the poop story may be the least of worries!! This is probably the best thing I've heard all day! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That story is tooooo funny, Patti! Although, we have had our fair share of poop incidents with Emma ;)
    I continue to pray for your family everyday. I know you aren't in the easiest situation but I also know that God picked you guys for a reason. Likely #1 reason - You guys ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are doing great! We're still praying for you all. By the way, Tim and I both LOVE the little discussing part of the blog. We both laughed so hard!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete