Monday, July 19, 2010

Busy,IUI,Facebook

So I know I should update the blog, because it has been a while so I thought I would try to do it now. I am not sure what to talk about but hey whats new.

So after a week away with VBS, which I have to say was a total blast, life should be quieter now. LOL yeah right. Chris and I have been trying to find time to have the in-laws up to see the new place, and time to camp and it has been crazy. I think the problems is I always plan my stuff and Chris plans his stuff and when we look our our calendar together we are never home on the same nights. I know for me I like to do stuff and be out and about even when I complain it isn't that bad! It keeps my mind off of the other stuff. So this week, starting tonight it pretty busy but we did find we have an evening on Friday and my in-laws are coming up for dinner.

Chris and I have another big thing going on this week, we are going to try IUI for the first time. My doctor is so amazing, most doctors for my age would wait longer to jump to this method, but she said if something doesn't work lets just try something a little more effective. I know for me I have struggled a lot of assisted fertility treatments. I know for sure I don't want a designer baby, but I want to have a baby, personally and I not sure how far I would go to carry my own child. The more Chris and I have talked about it God can use anything, right? For those of you who do not know let me explain and IUI with use of stimulate drugs and injectable.

The IUI procedure is simple and may be performed even if the woman is not receiving medication to improve her egg production. Many physicians will encourage women to take medications to stimulate the ovaries in order to increase egg production and, hopefully, the chance of achieving pregnancy.

An ultrasound will be used to monitor the size of the follicles (follicles develop into eggs). The hormone, human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG), is administered to stimulate the release of eggs from the follicles within 34-40 hours.

A semen sample will be processed by the lab in order to separate the semen from the seminal fluid. A catheter is used to inject the processed sperm directly into the uterus. This process maximizes the number of sperm cells that are placed in the uterus and thus increases the possibility of conception. The IUI procedure is short and involves minimal discomfort. The next step is to watch for signs and symptoms of pregnancy. - American Pregnancy Association

When I really thought about it this didn't seem much more invasive than what I was already doing. I was already trying clomid with injectable (hCG) and if you ask me it is the drugs that are worse. Praise God that I have very mild effects to drugs such as Clomid and hCG. I was also on Lupron and it was not as bad as most people say they are. I know that some people do not agree with the choice of assisted fertility and I know for Chris and I there are things we do not agree with but we are far from those options right now. I do not want to be an octomom or have the opportunity to chose my child eye and hair color. I just want to have a child, one who is a little bit Chris and a little bit me. One who is already loved and prayed for daily!

On another note I am not sure FaceBook is always the best place for someone suffering from infertility. I know that when I see the two pink lines, I will call my family and some close friends and let them know and sooner or later I am going to go to FB and share my good news. I mean really is there any better way to reach the masses? I am also aware that when I do that there will be people who will feel the sting of pain with the joy of happiness for me,(at least thats how I feel).That sting of pain is minor reminder of what I am going through which reminds me that every child is a blessing from God! People have their own stories and their own worries, and I do not know what their life is like. At least that is what I will continue to remind myself of for the time being! So to all you ladies I am happy for you and I know the value of those positive pregnancy test even if I haven't even received one yet. I know you love that little bean more than you thought you ever could and each morning you wake up you are more in love with it! Congrats!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing. It helps me pray for you guys better. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray that you and Chris get your little baby, by any means possible. I totally feel that sting of pain right there with you. It was especially hard when my very "bestest" friend told me she was pregnant. It's difficult, but eventually God gives a peace of mind. Our day is coming!

    ReplyDelete