Saturday, July 10, 2010

Saturday Ramblings

So, the weather has been crazy here, for a lot of my friends five days in the 90's is no big deal but here in NY, that is huge! It was the longest heatwave since 2002. Yeah, there are summers where we do not even hit 90 at all. Needless to say I felt like I was home in Charlotte. The general rule for me is it has to be hot for me to even think about getting in a pool, like over 90 degrees! Well, this week I got to go to the pool twice! Not that I didn't have better and more important things to-do it was nice to take a break with Shannon and her kids and go swimming! I know I looked crazy teaching the kids how to do handstand in the water with twist, and riding the water-slide, but I figure I am still the cool adult who can do that.

Next week is Vacation Bible School, somehow I became the director for this years VBS and I love it. I have enjoyed a lot of the planning, paperwork, list making, and phone calling. It is really the only marketable skills I have (my administrative ones). I also enjoy knowing that those skills will be used to change kids life, to give them hope, to give them answers to their questions about God! I am praying that these kids will not only have fun but have their lives changed because of who God is!

Now with that said next week is going to be crazy busy, lots of kids, and even some babies. I am working very hard and praying everyday that God will help the selfish human me not wince at the sight of a baby, or melt at families going out to treat their kids to ice cream. I want to be happy for those people, and know that I wouldn't wish infertility on ANYONE! I know that there will be people who get pregnant before me, after me and some probably with me **Hint Hint To some of You**! That is just how it goes. If there aren't any of my friends who go before me, then who will tell me what to expect?

"Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the Word of God." Titus 2:3-5

I Know God has a plan, and I can't make that plan any better than what He already has. I just need to walk by faith in His will.

I am hoping that Chris and I can go camping soon but with his hours I am not sure we can get away quite yet. I am kind of looking forward to VBS being over and if you asked me that is what I would tell you, but I will miss all the work I think.

Last and not least I LOVE MY HUSBAND! This week he has been working at the office (church) and mowing grass, and helping me non-stop with all my stuff for VBS! I get so much accomplished because he works so hard to provide for the two of us! I am not sure there is much I can say other than I love you that would convey how much that means to me! I use a lot of explanation points when talking about him, LOL. He is also at every doctors appointment with me holding my hand, saying what ever we have to do he is on board (even if he has to give me an injections, hasn't happened yet!). No matter the drug or the co-pay he is always willing to make sure they get paid when I know we could use that money for other things. He is amazing!


Update: We are right now waiting for the 2 glorious lines but not expecting too much since we may have missed our window if there was a window. We are praying that God's will be done, but if possible soon? We will have to set another appointment up with my doctor to see how we proceed if only one line is the case.
I am so glad I love my doctor and that she doesn't think I am crazy, after three years she says it is only understandable how much I am willing to do to get this underway, and she wishes my previous doctors had just caught it sooner. Dr. Coombes is the best!

2 comments:

  1. Patti C.,
    You're the best! SO glad to count you among my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you guys. I am praying and waiting for news.

    ReplyDelete