Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Another Month is Something

If you haven't waited month after month for a positive pregnancy test then you can not understand! Even women who only had to try for one month or six or 12 or 18 months will tell you each month is something. Every month matters. Let me explain. Did you know that

25 percent of all couples become pregnant in their first month of trying
60 percent become pregnant within six months
75 percent become pregnant within nine months
80 percent of all TTC couples will be pregnant within a year
90 percent in 18 months!
This doesn't account for all the people who were not even trying, no hate on them though that is great! At least I think so!

Every month matters, now I was looking around for numbers and they vary but this is the round about numbers most people use. So saying that these numbers are accurate there leaves only ten percent of us out there who have been trying longer than 18 months and they still aren't pregnant. That is a small percentage compared to a whole population of people, it is also very small because it includes me. I remember sitting in Panera after we had found out my sister in-law was pregnant, Chris and I finally said it is time. We still haven't had a positive pregnancy test and it has been close to three years since my nephew was born!

Here is what I know, it doesn't matter how hard I fight, what procedures we do, or how long we try, those numbers are just numbers and my God is bigger than them all. After three years of way too many ups and downs health wise, and surgeries and hormones, I am tired. I can not fight anymore in my strength, what happens now has to be God. God has a time and God is bigger than clamps and clomid and shots and IUI's! My God is the King of King's, Lord of Lord's and yet I have been sitting around claiming I was being punished or that He didn't care! The bird's want for nothing the trees of the field are taken care of am I not more precious, The Bible tells me I am. His Word tells me I am! So, no longer will I be fighting my infertility (Well lets say I will try not fighting it) but I will let God by Father fight this one for me and no matter the outcome I will choose to praise Him (maybe after some tears)!
‘Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’ Isaiah 41:10
I am not sure if Scott Flowe would remember this but, when we were youth he did a Wednesday night lesson on this passage if I remember correctly. He was talking about how the first day of school parents would hold their children's hands to their classroom and tell them it is okay you are safe. He continued on and said that is exactly what God is going to do for you! God is holding my right hand, leading me guiding me and sticking with me even when I am not so sure I want to stick it out, He is always there holding my right hand! Scott if you hear about this or read that, I still think of that night and remember God is holding my right hand every time I read this passage! Thanks!

Update: Start back on the clomid on Wednesday (tomorrow) and have an U/S on Monday. Our biggest prayer would be that we are relying on God and not our doctors. Secondly that all my mature follicles would be on the right side since that is where the tube is. And thirdly that we would be able to have an IUI this month.

3 comments:

  1. I am praying for you both! God is in control!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Patti, Even thought I am fighting a different battle I needed to hear those words. I remember Scott's devotional on that passage. I keep forgetting that he does sometimes say wait. That's the hard part for me even today as I learned some not so good news for us. It's not forever yet, just wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for that reminder--about how much bigger God is than all of those numbers and statistics. I'm praying for you and Chris and I know exactly how you feel, with each positive that a friend gets and with each negative I get. Come on mature follicles--think right!

    ReplyDelete