Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas, Foster Care and Facebook

Chris and I made it through Thanksgiving and Christmas, and even as exciting to us our foster care class!

Christmas was especially special this year. Chris and I chose not to travel to NC to visit my family this year for the holidays due to having foster care classes and a busy schedule. I missed not seeing my parents and my sisters, but I knew that finishing this class was what we wanted to do this year.

We had a very nice Christmas morning, just Chris and I, with our traditions and tree, We spent the majority of the morning opening gifts and just hanging out. By lunch time we started working on Christmas dinner, which was fine since we have never had a Christmas dinner at our home. My in-laws came up from Troy and ate with us. We had a great time. As I type this I am procrastinating fining homes in my home for all the great new things we received from our family and friends. I am also longing starring at my new skis and boot.
Chris and I reflected on the fact that we had hoped to have had a child or one on the way by now, but find great peace in where the Lord is leading us.

Last night at nine o'clock Chris and I finished our Foster Care/ Adoption class! Very exciting, Chris and I have a few more little things we need to do. Nothing to big just gotta get Chris to get his handyman skills out and put locks on cabinets and silly things like that.

After we do that we will be pretty much set other than, a couple of sheets that need to be finished up. We are very excited, We will be taking a CPR & First Aid Training at the end of January and soon after that we will be able to start receiving children! I can not believe that in a month or so we may have a child or two in our house! Insane if you ask me.

On a side note, the other night I had this dream that I was pregnant and we had a baby girl and we named her Eliza. Oh how to reminded me of how much that is something I want. I know that God has the best plan, but I wonder if He really knows sometimes. ( I know I know) Some days I have great days where I trust that God has His plan and that this is all going to work out the way He has planned, and then there are days where I cry a little and sit and wallow.

I don' t think that I will ever be fully okay with the situation, and that each day I will have different struggles. I wish I could say that the pain isn't there but it is, I think you learn to live with some of it, use some of it to move forward and you hold on to some of it to create hope. God can do anything, He can give us three kids through adoption, and three more of our own.

This blog was kind of random so one more random thing, I have to say that Facebook can sometimes be disappointing to people who are try to conceive and haven't. Daily you are reading ladies status's who are announcing their pregnancy to friends, complaining about pregnancy, or putting of belly pictures, or Facebooking their labor. Sometimes it is hard to read those things when you are not one of those women. The other day I was reading through status's and I spotted one lady who is a friend of mine on FB and she was confirming she was indeed pregnant. She also wrote that she was so excited for her new blessing and to pray for her but also for ladies who have had lost babies, and who were trying to conceive, I have to say I teared up a little.

Sometime we as people who haven't been bless that way yet, can be cynical and mean in our hearts to expecting ladies. Some would say that is okay! I would say especially after that act of kindness, that we should be happy and supportive of those ladies too. Just like they don't know what we are going through, we don't know what they are going through.

Okay I am sure I will be updating more often as the holidays or coming to an end. Thanks guys for all your prayers and support, Chris and I are blessed to have some many great people in our lives.

1 comment:

  1. hi Patti
    this is the first time I have had the opportunity to read your blog and to you I offer a sincere word of caring and understanding. Many many years ago I found myself in a situation somewhat similar to yours,one that was extremely painful and a real test of my faith in the Lord and His plan for me as far as children. If you would be interested I would like to share my story with you in hopes that God would use it to bring a measure of soothing to your heart.Sometimes what we need is someone who says I dont know exactly how you feel but I know how I felt . And there are times when, though the Bible is our biggest comfort,we simply need a tender word of encouragement.To you I would be honored to offer it.

    ReplyDelete