Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Waiting Game (not much of a game if you ask me)!

So first off I want to give mad props to my husband! He took me to what is becoming my favorite restaurant the West Side Grill. They are always so friendly there and have very good meals, and great specials also. He bought me roses, and we watched Breakfast at Tiffany's! What a great way to spend Valentines day! I am so blessed to have him as my husband!

So we are waiting! We are busy preparing the house for kids. It is hard to know how to prepare because we do not know what we are getting. For now we are looking at Pack -n- Plays, with gender neutral colors. We are thinking about paint colors but do not want to paint a room yet. I have been thinking about car seats and strollers, but we are not sure the age or the number of children we will have at once so it is hard to make a choice. We have been pricing stuff and thinking about buying but just haven't gotten to the making a commitment part yet.

On not such a happy note this week our SAAB, my favorite car decided she didn't want to continue her journey. I am sure that this is a good thing, some how, but I don't see how right now. She was a good car and we were not planning on spending money on a car right now. We were really planning on focusing most our energy on the kid(s) when they show up. We are looking to replacing it with something a bit roomier since we don't know how many kids we will get. So in that regard it isn't such a bad thing. I am still sad, and it stresses me out a bit also. I am trying not to worry since that is one of the things I have been learning lately! If you could jut pray that it isn't a mini van that would be great!

I guess the worst part is that I am not enjoying the waiting, and the not knowing. I have expressed this in the past but knowing that there are kids out there that are hurting and they are not safe is really hard. Knowing that some of them are the children God intends to give to me to take care of, they they will be my children is even more painful! I wish I could protect them or shield them but I can not. So second best thing in my eyes has been reading researching and talking to other families in foster care. I want to know everything I can possibly humanly know. I want my (foster or adopted) children to have every available resource offered to them and I want to be their biggest advocate!

So waiting is the name of the game. Researching is what I am doing to not go crazy. Praying God provides a car and stuff for the children. Also praying that Chris and I will be leaning on the Lord and allowing Him to work through whatever may happen.

I will not promise to blog more often and I say, but I will make sure that if anything exciting happens I will update you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment