Friday, June 7, 2013

It's Really Happening!

So okay I have had a hard time blogging. I think the the last post kind of gives you a clue why I haven't been posting a lot.  I was not sure how this case was going and man I was head over heels for these two little girls from the get go. I think though that my fear to put too much info out there has passed and things will be different. Why you ask...
WE ARE ADOPTING LUCY AND ETHEL!!!

Chris and I are through the roof excited! Lucy and Ethel feel like a natural fit to our family, like this is where they were suppose to be all along. I tell Chris all the time that I feel like God put the desire for twin girls in my heart, because He knew Lucy and Ethel would need us.

The girls case was very up and down. At times we weren't sure where they would end up, at one point I couldn't haven't been more convinced they would be moving 900 miles away to a "family" member.Let me just state this for the record the day that their father signed the papers to surrender his rights was a bittersweet day for me. We were sitting in a court room with a judge, several lawyers, caseworkers, family workers, who are unfazed by the events happening. The judge goes through the surrender paperwork line by line it feels like making sure the parent understands what they are signing. after 45 minutes or so the father signed a sheet a  paper and that was it. I was in tears, thinking about it all. How hard it has to be, to be in that position. My heart ached for their father, and the place he had ended up. I feel the same way for their mother. I also want to state that I love their mother and father in a way that is hard to explain because they have given me a huge honor to raise these girls.

Now here is what is next. Chris and I have signed all the paperwork saying we want to adopt these ladies. We are already running and jumping through all hoops gleefully. We are waiting on a certified copy of our marriage certificate, and our lawyer and write up our info. Our adoption worker is coming out on Tuesday and she will be conducting our home-study. We currently have a foster care home-study, and basically we will just update that include the info for adoption. We have some paperwork we have to submit to the state to wait for to come back. By everything we have heard we could have this all done and have a court date before the end of September. So please be praying this all goes smoothly, and that we will have everything in order. Honestly though September feels like it is just around the corner and feels just like a drop in the bucket compared to the almost five years it has taken us to get to parenthood. Also as excited as I am to legally be these two girls mother, I feel like I have been their mother forever.
        Picture January 2013 Black Ethel Pink Lucy
Fun Facts About Lucy and Ethel

Lucy is actually the younger twin, but is so embodies the Lucy persona. Ethel is very much a Ethel.

Lucy and Ethel are identical. What I do know is they were sharing a placenta which is a sure fire way to tell. Lucy though has a raised birthmark on her arm. I think summer season is the church nursery workers favorite season. LOL



.



No comments:

Post a Comment