Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sportsman Dinner and Follicle

Today I am lacking wit and pithy sayings. After a exhausting week, and what I would call the close out of the summer with the Sportsman Dinner. For those who do not know this is a dinner for men who enjoy hunting and fishing and all things outdoors. They serve exotic meats and share hunting stories. There are vendors who sell guns and tree stands and all that stuff! The best part being at the end of the night the Gospel is shared about the One who created all of it! Well part of Chris' job is to kind of be the point man on this, make sure everything is taken care of. He has been working diligently on it for a while, and last night was the big night.

For the past two years, Chris has faithfully been at ever doctors appointments, made time, skipped lunches, and missed work to be with me. It is kind of weird, I know he doesn't need to be there but, it is so reveling when he is there. It is kind of cool, that we get the blessing of seeing the lil follicles before they become hopefully lil babies.Yesterday was follicle day as I like to call it, and of course there was no way Chris could be there and do all his other responsibility.

So I went in and they started on the left side, and I had several follicles there, but not one dominate one nor one big enough to pop. Then we went to the right side, and there is was in all it's glory, the biggest follicle I have ever seen on the screen. I am not saying the biggest one ever but never had I had one like that. The ultrasound tech looked at me and gave me a thumbs up, and said lets get the doctor. Most people don't cry over ovaries and follicles, but I sure did, I have also learned no makeup before the visits.

Well there was all kinds of discussions, having the shot administered at home, waiting till the after the weekend. Once again though I can not say enough about my doctor. She will be in labor and delivery all day today and has agreed to come in this afternoon afterwards to administrator our IUI! Everyone at the office was very optimistic I am very optimistic and Chris and I will be praying! So this evening we are going to have our and no matter how it goes last IUI for now.

Please pray that this goes well. Also pray that Chris and I will trust the Lord's timing and that we will follow His will no matter what happens. Thanks everyone for your prayers. We will be updating more frequently from now on. Summer has ended and hopefully things will slow down.

Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment