Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Has Spring Sprung?

I wish! I can honestly say I am done with the snow and cold. Warm toes, and tan lines and grass would all be welcomed at this point. I haven't seen grass in months! I don't care if it is green or brown!

It feels like we have been in an holding pattern and so I did not want to update until we had some news. Apparently the person doing our certification went on medical leave and then left our county. Which left our paperwork in limbo, which was weird because I didn't find this out from them but because someone else in our class asked me if I had heard anything. When she told me what she had heard I called and talk to the people at the agency and got things somewhat sorted out. This past Monday I called out of curiosity how things were going with my file and they scheduled a meeting with Chris and I on Thursday the 24th. We are not sure how this is going to work if they are going to have to start over or we are if they will just approve all the past paperwork. This will be interesting I am sure.

We know that there is a reason for the hold up and that God has a plan so it hasn't been to trying. I just hate when I have to call to find out what is going on and track things down. With skiing over for the most part and spring eventually coming though I am reminded of another season that has past and we still haven't had any children in our home, and we haven't found our forever child(ren)! It is hard but we are just praying that where ever they are that they are safe and happy.

With so many other things going on though it has kept us occupied. My sister Carol called several months ago and shared with us that she was expecting her first child this September! This is very exciting and is the first grandchild in 15 years for my parents.
My other sister Chrissy is getting married in July! I have decided to plan a party for Chrissy and a shower for Carol in June.

Chris has been super busy with work, and things at church! Praise the Lord that our building loan for the church has been approved and we should be breaking ground as soon as the snow melts! God has been so good to New Hope! We are so blessed to be apart of such a great church. I can not wait to see how God works through this building process.

Thats all I have for now but I am sure I will be updating more next week when we have more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment